IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL STATE OF CA
EMERGENCY SOLUTIONS GRANT (ESG)
NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY (NOFA) APPLICANTS
The State of California’s Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) issued a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
for the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program on October 30, 2014
As a part of the ESG application to the state, all applicants must submit Attachment D (Certification of Local Need – Need for Funds)
to the local Continuum of Care (CoC) serving their respective projects. The local CoC will then assign points for the Attachment D rating category on all ESG applications received in their service area based on the proposed project’s alignment with the CoC funding priorities. CoC’s are required to complete the Attachment D form and submit the Attachment D package to HCD.
INSTRUCTIONS - 2014 ESG NOFA Applicants:
If you are an applicant under the 2014 State of California ESG NOFA, please follow the instructions below:
- Notify the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to inform us that you are submitting an ESG application to the State of California. An email will be sent to you with instructions on submitting the Attachment D application package to LAHSA during the first week of December.
- The Attachment D application package is due to LAHSA by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 (PST).
Attachment D Evaluation, Scoring, and Ranking Procedure:
All Attachment D application packages received will be:
- Evaluated and scored for the proposed project’s alignment with Los Angeles CoC (LA CoC)funding priorities
- Certified for the applicant’s level of participation in CoC governance and planning activities (Coordinating Council)
- Certified for the applicant’s participation in HMIS or comparable database
- Certified for the applicant’s adherence to the LA CoC Written Standards to the component applied for
- Certified for the applicant’s participation in Coordinated Assessment (Homeless Family Solutions System and/or Coordinated Entry System)
LA CoC Funding Principles and Priorities:
Click on the following link for the LA CoC Funding Principles and Priorities document http://documents.lahsa.org/Programs/funding/2014/Funding-Principles_2014.pdf
2014 State ESG NOFA Timeline:
- October 30, 2014 HCD releases the 2014 ESG NOFA
- November 18, 2014 HCD issued Addendum #1
- November 25, 2014 LAHSA sends email announcing instructions for Attachment D
- December 1-12, 2014 LAHSA sends Attachment D application package to Applicants
- December 12, 2014 by 5:00pm, intent to apply for ESG notification due to LAHSA
- December 19, 2014 by 5:00pm, ESG Application due to HCD
- December 31, 2014 by 12:00pm, Attachment D application package due to LAHSA
- January 30, 2015 CoC deadline to submit Attachment D package to HCD
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.